Monday 19 March 2012

Please stop worrying




I have a confession to make. I am a reformed A-grade worrier.
Yep, the previous me was a real turn your hair grey, wake up in the middle of the night, bite your nails world champion medallist in worrying.

But then I stopped.


I stopped because worrying does not allow me to truly be the grateful, happy person I like being. I stopped because it paralyses your mind and does not allow you to move forward to reach your goals and I stopped because I learnt how to.


What I learnt was:
a) Write (this is vital) down what is worrying you
b) Then note what is the worse possible thing that could happen
c) List all the possible ways you can try and prevent the worse from happening
d) Move forward with the chosen way and do not look back, do not change course, do not but and ifs and maybes.
e) and live every day, every single one as a present experience. Not regretting the past or wishing for the future. Living and breathing in the day that is.


Simple stuff but I am loving it and I am so thankful to Dale Carnegie's Stop Worrying and Start Living audio book (and to somehow 'loosing" the Cars2 Theme Song CD in the car!)


What do you think of the above approach? How do you stop yourself from worrying?

No comments:

Post a Comment